Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween wreath

I have never made a wreath before and I actually really liked it! I see more wreath-making in the near future! I got the idea for this wreath from here. But I don't know how to crochet so I made my flowers out of felt (directions here) and made my spider out of pom-poms and pipe cleaners. I hung the wreath with some thick velvet ribbon.
Beautimous!
I wrapped one of those green styrofoam wreaths with yarn. I did a streak of glue on the back as I wrapped it. I did about 3 layers of single file yarn wrapping so it was nice and smooth and it was thicker and fully covered (no green styrofoam showing!).
My felt flower creations. They are kinda hard to see because they are black.
My pom-pom spider. I got some pom-pom makers from joann's and made this bad boy. He has a small head and a big body if you can't tell from the picture. I attached the head to the body with a hot glue gun and then just stuck the pipe cleaners straight through and made them into legs. I needled some yarn and stuck it through the pom-pom and tied a knot to hang him from the wreath.
Little lonely rose ...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home