Friday, September 9, 2011

Chevron Rug

I decided that my entryway needed some sprucing up so I found this tutorial for a super cute rug online. Here are the spots where I got my instructions from here, here & here! They also have a lot of other cool home projects you should check out! I found myself being lost on their blogs for hours so be careful!

Before: Ugly
THIS Ikea Rug
Before painting
Tape off the edges
Paint with white semi gloss latex paint
Put cans around the edges while it dries so it doesn't curl up. We let it dry overnight.
Smart husband measuring out a stencil for me
The stencil we created
Using the stencil to paint the rug this blue/gray/green color from Martha Stewart Paint called arrowroot. A dabbing motion with the sponge brush worked best. Be careful not to get underneath the stencil. We weighted it down with cans but then would hold it down with our hands on the areas where we were painting.
All painted! Now off to dry overnight.
We then sanded it to roughen it up a little bit.
Voila! So much prettier :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2020 at 10:33 PM , Blogger ezra smith said...

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.
hand made things

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home