Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving wreath

Here is my attempt at re-creating this. I still want to make one of these wreaths but last year I had my mom send me a bunch of acorns and they turned into stinky mold, yuck! I baked them and everything but I dunno maybe I could try varnishing them? Anyway .. I hope you like this one!
Should I hang it with cream or brown ribbon? Please comment and help!
I got those little twigs from Michael's they actually came in a grass bunch and they were green so I spray painted them brown. Here is a close up of the felt flowers ... I just kinda winged it cuz she didn't have clear instructions. I did about 3 layers of felt for the big ones and kinda pushed up the center underneath to make it more "full" and fanned the petals out. I started from the outside edge of the felt spiral like she explains here for all of the flowers. I used the remaining inner part of the felt spiral from the big flowers to make the little rosettes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Alissa@CraftyEndeavor.com said...

Cute! I think a cream ribbon would look best with that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home