Friday, September 9, 2011

Shower Curtain Makeover

I don't know if you are like me but I get sick of my interior design stuff and need to change it up every once in a while. So I was sick of looking at my bathroom and decided it needed a little change-up. I went to Target the other day and got this super cute table cloth and than I thought "I wonder if I could turn this into a shower curtain?" and voila I did it! It was super easy because I am ultra lazy and I decided that I didn't want to sew or cut anything. So I just bought some clip-on rings and clipped them to the top of the shower curtain. Since the tablecloth/shower curtain was too long to go on our regular curtain rod I just put up one of those tension rods so I could put it up way high. I kinda like how high it is though so it works! Yes, I was that lazy that I didn't even want to do a simple hem to fix it. I know all those years of hard work in sewing classes at BYU and a degree in Family & Consumer Science really paid off for me huh ;-p!? I already had some bath mats and towels that matched so it worked perfect!
Before: It's not that I don't like it it's just kind of boring to have a white shower curtain with off-white walls. I would love this shower curtain if I could paint my walls a fun color. So I will just hang on to it until one day when I will finally have my own walls I can paint whatever color I want.
The clip-on rings I got from Wal-mart. Mine are actually pewter or nickel (some silvery color).
Ta-da!
Close up of the tablecloth/shower curtain. It was $20 from Target. It's the Dwell studio Mandala tablecloth. Dwell studio had a couple of other really cute tablecloths too. Check them out here!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Ren said...

Love it! Great print! I like a high shower curtain too =)

 
At June 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been looking FOREVER for this EXACT tablecloth to hang as the shower curtain in my guest bathroom. I can not find it ANYWHERE!! If you would be willing to sell it, please please please email me and I will gladly buy it from you!! ashley_rager147@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home